I love the city of Paris and France so it just seems very surreal that yet another attack has happened in the city.
Let's just wish for peace for the citizens of Paris, France and the world.
Now, for something a little more light hearted! I haven't been baking this month as I am so busy every weekend, there is so much studying to be done and I have a job so life is pretty hectic! Don't worry, I'll be turning on the oven soon!
So, here are 2 recipes for quick lunches or dinners and can be made, start to finish in 5 minutes for the Avocado on Toast and 10 minutes for the Moroccan Chickpea Stew. Both meals are delicious, easy, vegan and good for you so they are the perfect fast-food.
Avocado on Toast
Enough for 2 portions
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 lime
- 1/2 a red onion
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- 1 or 2 slices brown bread per person
- dried dill, to sprinkle, optional.
- Half the avocado and scoop the flesh into a bowl. Half the lime and squeeze the juice on top and mix with the avocado well. Mash the avo to your desired consistency.
- Dice the red onion into small cubes, half and remove the seeds from the tomatoes and dice. Add to the avo and mix in the salt and pepper.
- Toast your bread and top with the avocado and a sprinkle of dill.
For 1 portion
- 1/2 tbsp. organic olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 a white onion, diced small
- 1/2 can chickpeas, rinsed
- a handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp. tomato puree
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 a red chilli, diced
- salt and pepper
- Put the oil into a frying pan and heat it up. Add the garlic and onion and fry on a high heat while stirring for 30 seconds or so.
- Add the chickpeas and cook for a 1 minute. Turn the heat down and add the remaining ingredients with 50ml or so of warm water. Let the stew bubble for 5-8 minutes until piping hot.
- Serve once cooked with some couscous or quinoa and some coconut cream.
So I know this post is quite different from the norm but it is good to have variety! I love these 2 meals as they are both so nourishing and healthy as well as being filling and nutritious. I hope you guys try these lunches, you won't be disappointed!
Hugs and squeezes xo