Hello November! I can't believe how fast October has past, I swear it was the 2nd of October a second ago! But now, it's November and next it is the holidays! Get ready for some festive baking!
I love, love, love this recipe! Don't call me crazy, this is a legit recipe which tastes amazing, looks gorgeous and is so nourishing. The smooth texture is almost identical to ice cream and the flavours are so fresh and vibrant. When topped, the contrast of the nice cream with the crunchy topping is divine. It is so easy to make and delicious for any time of day!
So, this is the 3rd week of plant-based recipes and so far, I am really loving it! It seems to take more chemistry and knowledge of ingredients to produce vegan baking and while this ice cream isn't technically baking, it is still delicious, healthy and 100% plant based.
Like my other recipes, this ice cream uses no funky substitute ingredients like non dairy butter etc; just pure plant ingredients. With the recipe really only containing 1 main ingredient, the banana, the raspberries, blueberries, water and dates are all optional! I made the ice cream pictured with 2 bananas, raspberries and blueberries and about 1/2 a cup of water.
Making the nice cream is so easy but if your blender is a bit on the weak side, you may need to be quite patient. If you own a Vitamix or any other high-speed power blender, you will probably not need the water stated in the recipe below. However, if you have a standard blender, please do use the water. As well as the liquid, you may need to stop the motor every couple of seconds at the start of making the nice cream to mix the ingredients so eventually they will all blend together.
The stopping and mixing may sound very tedious but it is all worth it in the end!
Once your delicious nice cream is made, spoon it into a bowl and prepare your toppings. I love to top mine with homemade granola for crunch and extra energy, milled seeds such as flax or linseed for omega 3s and fresh fruit. However, top your nice cream how you like, the dish is so versatile.
Banana Berry Nice Cream
Posted by Eve
- 2 bananas, sliced and frozen
- 1 handful of frozen blueberries
- 1 handful of frozen raspberries
- 125ml water - optional if you have a power blender like a Vitamix
- 1-2 medjool dates - optional
- A selection of toppings - I love granola, coconut and milled flaxseed with goji berry.
- Put the banana, blueberries, raspberries, water and dates, if using, into a blender. Blend on a medium speed until it is completely smooth; you may need to mix it a couple of times.
- Spoon the "ice cream" into a bowl and topped with desired topping. Eat straight away.