How amazing do these pancakes look covered in chocolate sauce?
Answer - very amazing.
Sweet, simple pancakes, filled with goodness and plants, yum!
I cannot believe that it is so near the Christmas and holiday season, I can't wait! It is only 46 days (!!!) and I have so many festive bakes and makes this year, I'll have to start soon!
So, I am in love with breakfast recipe right now. At the weekends, I always treat myself, take my time and make an effort to make something super good for breakfast. Instead of muesli or porridge, I normally make variations of banana ice cream or pancakes. I say treat but to be honest, my nice cream and pancakes are packed full of nutrients as well as being low fat, no added sugars and fairly high carb, to keep you full and give you energy.
I am sure you would of seen these pancakes before on instagram, pinterest or just on the web. These pancakes are super easy and only contain 3 main ingredients; banana, oats and plant-milk as well as 2 optional ingredients; baking powder and vanilla extract. Even though the baking powder and vanilla are optional, I recommended you add them as they make them even tastier and fluffier.
These pancakes are so easy to make and really quick as well. As the main ingredients are oats, banana and plant milk, they are a cheap and healthy breakfast. Simply blend the oats in jug until they are powdery and add the banana and milk as well as the baking powder and vanilla if using, and blend again. The batter should be quite thick but pourable.
Once the batter is made, heat up a non-stick frying pan and cook the pancakes for 3-4 minutes until they are all bubbly on top and the edges are matte and cooked. Flip over and cook again.
Now, on to the sauce. This chocolate sauce is amazing! Only 3 ingredients but so, so tasty. This sauce is quite rich and dark, not like a chocolate syrup which is full of sugars and fake ingredients. Simply blend up the dates, cacao powder and plant milk and ta dah; the most delicious pancake chocolate sauce ever! I have never had chocolate sauce on pancakes until today and I loved it, it was so good!
Top your stack of 9 pancakes with the chocolate sauce and any toppings of your choice.
This pancakes are so tasty, nourishing and divine and perfect for a lazy breakfast or brunch, enjoy!
Vegan Banana Pancakes with Chocolate Sauce
Posted by Eve
For the pancakes
- 1/2 cup regular oats
- 1/3 cup nut milk
- 1 very ripe banana
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder - optional but recommended
- a drop of vanilla - optional
- 3 dates soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes prior
- 1 tbsp. cacao powder
- 2 tbsp. nut milk
- To make the pancakes, put the oats into a jug and blend with a hand-held blender until flour-like. Add the milk, banana, baking powder and vanilla and blend until smooth and has a thick pouring consistency.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan on high heat. Pour the batter onto the pan and cook on medium heat until bubbles form and the edges look cooked. Flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- While the pancakes or cooking, make the chocolate sauce. Put the dates, cacao powder and milk into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Once all of the batter has been used up and all of the pancakes are cooked, stack the pancakes and top with the sauce and any other toppings.